Need to visit
Canada or the US?

Whether it’s for business or you simply want to visit friends or family, you might need a visa to come to Canada or the U.S. Not sure where to start? Exeo can help.

Learn More

Come to Canada as a visitor

Visitors are divided between those who are exempt from visas and those who are not.

With the exception of US citizens, visa-exempt visitors must apply for an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) before traveling to Canada by air.

Visitors who require a visa must apply to the Canadian consular authorities to obtain a temporary resident visa before traveling to Canada. The application must be accompanied by convincing evidence of the applicant’s attachment to their country of origin and their intention to leave Canada at the end of their authorized stay.

For most countries, the application for a temporary resident visa must be filed online or at a visa application center. Regardless of the validity of the visa, and for visa-exempt visitors as well, it is at the time of entry into Canada that the border services officer will decide on the admission of the visitor into Canada. The visa officer will also determine at the same time the period of stay allowed, usually a maximum of six months.

Visitor status can be extended from within Canada without the applicant having to leave the country. To do this, an application must be made before the expiry of the status.

Business visitors may be admitted to Canada for the purpose of promoting or selling goods or services of a foreign company, negotiating contracts or meeting with customers or suppliers. They should always have documentary evidence of the purpose of their visit and their professional ties abroad. This is even more true for those who make repeated trips to Canada.

Contact Us For More Info